Financial Planning for Generation X & Y Women
Notice: Because of a database server upgrade, this site may be partially non-functional from August 21st to August 22nd. No data will be lost. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Under slight reconstruction until 5PM CST today... Please excuse the dust!
Resource Center
Expert Q&A Archive Teleconference Call Archive Online Resources Federal Reserve Board Resources FPA Perspectives
Error — no()

Expert Q&A Archive

Who should I contact if I have a problem with my insurance carrier?
Is the insurance industry regulated by the States? Also, if someone has a problem with their insurance carrier, who should they contact?
Claudia James:
expert info »
Yes, this is a highly regulated industry-contact your state's Insurance Commissioner's Office when there is a problem.
Anne Delle Donne:
expert info »
The 50 states each have a division of insurance that is designed to protect consumers from insurers. The NAIC or National Association for Insurance Commissioners was put into place to help the states regulate their respective areas of governance with a uniform program v. 50 different approaches. I would recommend that you contact your state's division of insurance if you have a complaint against an insurer and the insurance company is unresponsive.