Tuesday, February 28th, 2006
Becoming Credit Smart
Date: Tuesday, February 28th, 2006
Time: 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM Eastern Time
- Do you know how your credit impacts your life?
- Do you understand credit terminology?
- Is there “good debt” vs. “bad debt”?
- What are the benefits of good credit and how do you establish (or restore) it?
- Do you understand your credit report?
- Do you know your credit score, how it’s calculated and how you can improve it?
- How do you recognize and avoid credit traps, such as predatory lending?
- Do you know your credit rights?
- What should you consider when comparison-shopping for a loan or credit card?
Audio and Transcripts
About the speakers
Diahann W. Lassus, CFP®, CPA/PFS, is Co-Founder and President of Lassus Wherley of New Providence, New Jersey, and Naples, Florida. She was named one of Worth Magazine’s Top Financial Advisors an unprecedented six times. Diahann is an accomplished author and lecturer. She appears regularly on CNBC and is often quoted in national publications, including the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and Investor’s Business Daily.
Nancy Nauser is President of the Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Missouri and Kansas, a position she has held for seventeen years. She has twelve years of prior experience as a banker and holds an MBA in Finance and a Bachelors of Business Administration from the University of Missouri – Kansas City. Nancy is a Certified Consumer Credit Executive and a member of Kansas City’s task force on predatory lending. She has been a Wi$e Up mentor since 2004.
Amy Perry is a Consumer Finance Educator with Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Southern New England, a division of Money Management International. She presents key credit and budgeting concepts to various audiences ranging from people in crisis to first time home buyers. She speaks conversational Spanish and has used this skill both locally and internationally to educate others. She holds a B.S. in Business Administration from Bryant University and has six years of corporate finance experience.