Friday, March 31st, 2006
Understanding Taxes: Make the Most of Your Return
Date: Friday, March 31st, 2006
Time: 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM Eastern Time
- Do you understand tax terminology and basic tax code principles?
- How do you determine the amount of allowances to claim on your W-4?
- Which tax form should you use when filing?
- What are the tax implications of investing, buying and selling a home, getting married, and having children?
- Do you qualify for the earned income tax credit, the child tax credit, the child and dependent care credit, or the retirement saver’s credit?
Audio and Transcripts
About the speakers
Jeff Kyle is an independent agent who provides insurance, financial, and estate planning services. He is currently enrolled in the Certified Financial Planner Designation Degree program through The American College and is a Certified Senior Advisor. Jeff was a 2005 Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT) Qualifier. The MDRT is the Premier Association of Financial Professionals®. Jeff is also the Incoming President of the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors of Snohomish County.
Michael David Schulman, a Certified Public Accountant/Personal Financial Specialist, is the third generation owner of Schulman CPA, a full service tax, accounting, and auditing firm founded in 1952. Michael is a frequent speaker on tax and financial planning topics, has written articles for newspapers and professional journals, and has appeared on television and radio. Michael is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. He holds degrees from MIT, U.C. Berkeley, and Fordham University.
Robin Taylor, a Certified Public Accountant, is a Senior Tax Analyst in Stakeholder Partnerships, Education and Communication at the Internal Revenue Service. He develops partnerships with national organizations that have potential for making significant contributions to local communities in the areas of outreach, free tax return preparation, and asset building strategies. Robin is a graduate of the University of West Georgia and has worked for the IRS since 1983. He is a member of the Georgia Society of CPAs.